We are re-opening for limited activity from 30th May. The Scottish Government has announced a relaxation of the lock down restrictions. The rules now allow sailing with limitations.
The lockdown relaxation is an extension to exercise options, not a carte blanche return to boating.
All existing social distancing and hygiene measures remain in place.
The club is therefore open for independent sailing and boat maintenance from 30th May. The club house and toilets will remain closed with no access. There will be no organised activity. To assist compliance with social distancing there are a number of measures that have now been undertaken on the club premises and the works are now complete.
Additionally no parking is permitted within the club compound.
It will be more important than ever that we are vigilant in ensuring our safety onshore and afloat and we have introduced some restrictions that must be adhered to in addition to the normal safety procedures:
You will all have received an email on Thursday 28th May (just in case you missed it, see attached documents) with details of the new procedures to be adhered to within the club premises. Please ensure you have read and familiarised yourself with these as they are for your benefit and safety ~ in doing so you are agreeing to abide by the new procedures and you have fully understood the content. Thank you to those members who have already replied.
Avoid placing extra strain on the RNLI and other emergency services.
- Undertake sailing only within your competency. If unsure, do not go out.
- Check your boat thoroughly before going out.
- Let someone know you are going afloat and tell them when you expect to be back ashore. Confirm when you are ashore on return.
- Remain inshore, day time sailing only and return to your club mooring
Stop the spread of the virus, Social Distancing and Personal Hygiene
- The current advice remains stay local to your primary residence to undertake leisure activities.
- Any member who themselves, or anyone in their household are displaying a new persistent cough, fever or loss of smell or taste should adhere to self isolation guidance and should under no circumstances attend the club
- Comply with 2 metre social distancing at all times
- No access to club house or toilets
- Single handed, (if competent) and single household groups only on any one vessel.
- Strict adherence to the new club policy with respect to hygiene within the premises (see attached documents)
- Be aware of social distancing from the public at club entrance.
- Be respectful and patient of fellow members at boarding points such as the island gangway and landing pontoon/slipway
If you are not a member presently you may not use the club during this phase of re-opening.
When you do venture down to the club, please remember to bring your own gloves and disinfectant spray if you possibly can. Enjoy your limited opportunity to get back on the water ~ it has been some time coming!
Continue to stay safe,
Commodore on behalf of Troon Cruising Club Committee