We are pleased to advise you that a new lift-out date of December 18th has been arranged.
This should hopefully be enough notice to allow you to plan for this.
We will require an earlier start time than normal to make the best use of the tides. The exact starting time will follow in due course.
Hopefully, we will be blessed with better weather than our previous lift-out date.
Kind Regards Kyle Stewart Compound Convenor & Compound Committee.
Please be advised that there will be only one mast station available this Sunday the 24th of October starting time 10.00 am.
This has been changed from Saturday the 23rd due to the weather forecast.
There will be only one mast station available this week, but we intend to have 2 operational both on Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st October start time 10 am.
This is due to extenuating circumstances out of our control.
Please make sure you are prepared with sails removed all running rigging brought back to the mast and desired in a tidy manner, snap rings split pins and locking nuts removed or slackened and some of the tension taken off the rig making sure the bottle screws are free.
We need to maximise the full potential over these two dates, please be prepared and please do not all come on Sunday, we have 24 boats to do over these two days.
If any of our newer members are not sure about any aspects to do with this process, please let me know.
Could we please remind members that this is not an officially organised club activity, and as such, it is members give up their free time willingly to put their boats at the disposal of others to facilitate mast lifting.
Please be prepared to make time to help fellow members.
There should be no cradles built yet unless with prior permission all cradles being assembled must be positioned along the top of the banking on the waterside i.e. as you walk up the compound from the gate on your left-hand side, these can be stacked on top of one another and must be marked with boat name that is using it, there is the boat still to be moved before lift-out so please don’t position cradles anywhere apart from the area designated.
We would also like to remind our membership that Covid is still very much with us, so please follow our Covid protocol and exercise due diligence while attending the club.
Work party for getting cradles down has been changed to Sunday 24th to coincide with the mast stations.
We trust that we can rely on your cooperation concerning the aforementioned.
Kyle Stewart Compound Convenor and Compound committee.
A Lift-out date of Saturday 6th November 2021 is planned.
Due to the ongoing Covid restriction our clubhouse remains closed therefore we have no access to our whiteboard (the normal way of recording your request to be included in the lift out).
To allow this process to continue a whiteboard will be available in the garage/workshop which can be accessed by all members with the Yale key that opens the main gate. The Whiteboard will be open and available from Saturday 18th September 2021 and close Saturday 9th October 2021.
Would you please ensure before committing to lifting out with TCC that you have read and understand our Rule 5 paragraph 5.5.
Mast stations will be available on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 31st October with operating hours, notification to be posted nearer the date.
Please ensure your boats are properly prepared:-
- Sails removed.
- All running rigging brought back to the mast and tied off tidily.
- Locking nuts backed off, pins removed, and bottle screws free running Make sure you have the required apparatus to store and tie your mast on top of your boat safely.
If you have any queries or particular requests please contact the compound convenor as soon as possible.
Kyle Stewart Compound Convenor,
and Compound committee.